Our Safety Protocol
1. A certificate of insurance will be provided. For a fee of $100.00 your organization can be added as additionally insured
2. All animals used will be accompanied by a current (within 90 days) health certificate signed by a licensed veterinarian
3. Any animals that are under State or Federal Regulation will be accompanied by proper permits.
4. No animals are considered dangerous by the Department of Environmental Conservation or the United States Department of Agriculture
5. Proper restraints and equipment will be used at all times
6. All animals will be accompanied by an experienced animal handler at all times
7. All animals will be transported discretely (limited access areas if available) in approved transport crates and containers
8. At no time will any animals have direct contact with the general public, staff, or others in your organization
9. All waste will be disposed of properly by our staff and removed from the premises
John Truini, Director of Wildlife Education and Outreach Programs, has worked for 10 years as an animal handler for Jarod Miller, Zoologist and television celebrity; coordinating animal appearances on “Late Night with Conan O’Brien”, “The Rachel Ray Show”, “Good Morning America”, and “The Early Show”, as well as hundreds of personal appearances, including appearances for Animal Planet.
Other program staff include an experienced veterinarian technician as well as a licensed wildlife rehabilitator.
Dr. Stephanie Dodds of Rio Vista Animal Hospital and Dr. Tanya Jackson provide USDA program of veterinarian oversight.